image

image

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

11 months down

My little stinker face turned 11 months old yesterday.  One month to go until we celebrate her 1st birthday.  We are going to have a "Little Mermaid" themed birthday party.  Ariel is Ellie's favorite character.  She loves to look at pictures of Ariel.  She can point her out in a lineup.... seriously, it's crazy how smart she is.  We are excited to celebrate her first year of life, but I've got to say.... I don't want my little girl to grow up any more!  Hahaha... ok, she can grow up, but I miss my tiny baby.  Ellie has grown so much and has the most loving personality.  She has touched my heart in more ways than one, and I have no doubt she will touch many more lives. 

Lets see, some fun facts about Ellie this month are:

- She is not quite walking yet, however, she has taken plenty of steps on her own.  She is still not sure about walking yet.  She loves loves loves her walker and can get anywhere with it.  She is almost there, I know it wont be too much longer. 
- Ellie has successfully climbed the stairs multiple times.  I really really need to put up a baby gate in front of the steps. 
- Ellie doesn't spend much time in front of the tv (thankfully), however, at 12:30 everyday she does enjoy watching "Barney."  I loved Barney when I was younger so I don't mind watching the show with my girl. 
- She still eats her normal baby food, along with the gerber snacks that dissolve in her mouth, and she has branched out to baby yogurt, which she loves.  I've tried giving her tiny pieces of banana, but she chokes on everything that isn't pureed.  She only has 6 front teeth, and hasn't quite figured out how to chew.  It's ok though, no hurry no worry. 
- One of her favorite toys is her toy dog Violet.  Violet sings and talks to Ellie when she pushes her paw buttons.  It is really cute to watch her play with toys. 
- The last few days have been good, but for a while there, she was not a happy camper when I put her socks and shoes on, put her in her high chair, or put her in her car seat.  She would scream and arch her back out of anger... kind of annoying.  :) 

Well thats it for now.  I'll be sure to keep posting more vidoes and pictures of Ellie girl! 


No comments:

Post a Comment