image

image

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

4 month checkup!

Yesterday, Ellie had her 4 month doctor checkup.  She weighs 14 lbs. 6 oz and is 25 1/4 in long.  Her head circumference is 41 cm.  Her weight and head circumference are in the 55th percentile, and her height (length) is in the 75th.  She is growing so much, hardly fits into her 3-6 month clothes.  Most of her pants go almost up to her knees :)  She is starting to mostly wear 6 month sizes.  It's so crazy how much she has grown since she was born.  She started out just a tiny little baby girl!

Ellie drools nonstop!  She has always been a slobbery girl, but I think now she might be teething soon... maybe.  Only time will tell!  The doctor said we can start her on solids if we want.  Last night I tried giving her some rice cereal... and she spit most of it out, but it was a fun new adventure for both of us!

Along with her doctors appointment came the dreaded shots!  Ellie surprisingly did very well!!!  She cried for just a few seconds and then was smiling at daddy moments later.  What I strong little girl I have.  I did better this time too, no tears.  It was still hard to watch her go through pain. 

Ellie is rolling all over the place, her doctor even witnessed it.  She is a pro at going from back to front, which is normally harder for most babies, and she is getting a lot better at going from front to back, which is typically easier.  I have to be so careful now, she almost rolled off the bed the other day.  I had my back turned for 5 seconds and all of a sudden I had to jump across the bed to grab her before she fell off.

The last month or so, Ellie has had a hard time sleeping through the night.  I think it's a combination of a few things.  First of all, I think she is just going through a growth spurt.  She has grown so much lately, and eats all the time.  Second of all, she just wants to be with me.  The doctor told me that that's probably the main reason.  I am trying to do better at letting her "cry it out," and last night she only needed to feed 1 time... which was awesome!!  It's not uncommon for babies to sleep really well through the night at 2 months, and then not very well around 3 or 4 months, at least that is reassuring.

Ellie, my mom, and I are going to Ohio in September, and I am a little nervous about taking Ellie on an airplane.  Her doctor gave me a few tips that might help, so I am hoping they do! 

I am such a lucky momma to have the most precious baby girl in the whole world!  I love her so much!







   



No comments:

Post a Comment