image

image

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

almost 4 months

Ellie will be 4 months old this Saturday.  I just can't believe how big she is getting.  Every day there is something new that she can do!  We go back to the doctor in just a few short weeks.  At that appointment she will get another round of vaccines, and see how much she weighs :)  They will also let us know when a good time is for us to start her on solids!

Ellie has been rolling over a lot.  She can roll from her back to her belly, but hasn't quite figured out how to move from belly to back.  She isn't a big fan of being on her belly yet... I haven't figured out why.  She is the strongest baby though.  Everyone that holds her tells us how strong she is for being 3 months old.  She can stand up while holding onto our hands.  She is going to start crawling and walking, and talking before we know it ;)  Ellie loves to talk, and knows how to get our attention!  She has definitely figured out how to get her way.  I agree with the saying, you can't spoil a baby too much.  They need as much love as you can give them... and Ellie gets more love than she can even imagine :) 

She has a few favorite toys that she likes to play with.  The ones she likes are very colorful and provide a lot of entertainment.  Ellie has recently quit taking a bottle.  She doesn't want anything to do with them... she just wants momma.  I love that!  It can be difficult though, especially when I need to leave her for a bit.  I was at the doctors last week, her and my mom came along... but they waited for me in the waiting room.  She started to get hungry, and would not take a bottle.... so she just cried until I got back.  Same thing happened when I went to the store, and during church!  Oh well, she will learn!!!

Kenton's birthday is coming up on the 15th.  His family is coming for a visit, which I am very excited about!  Grandma Peggy and Papa Skip, Aunt Kristen and Uncle David, and my little niece Cassidy are all coming!!!  I am so excited to finally meet Cassidy, and Ellie is excited to meet her cousin!!!!

Ellie is wanting some attention, so I better wrap this up!  Love you all!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment