image

image

Friday, July 20, 2012

update time!

It has been a little over a month since I posted an Ellie update blog.  We have been sooo busy these last couple weeks that I haven't had much time to sit down and bust out a blog.  We moved into our new home on June 30!  It has been amazing to finally have our own house.  We are forever grateful to my mom and dad for letting us live at their house the past couple years, but it has been wonderful to have a place to call our own.  Although the yard still needs work (it's a work in progress), everything else is pretty much unpacked and in it's place.  I would like to paint Ellie's room sometime, and make it a cute little girls room, but it's fine the way it is for now :)  

Speaking of the little girl... man, has she grown soooo much over the last month.  I had to read the last blog post to see what all I said about her and OMG, she has changed so much.  Ellie's vocab is becoming more and more extensive.  She can say many words, and it's fun to hear her say them.  I love the way she says "shoes," it sounds more like "sues."  It is so cute.  Some other words she says all the time are.... cookie, cracker, no, yes, go, hot, cool, watch, juice, cheese, banana (nana) etc...  There are plenty more, but I am too tired to think of them all. Lol.  Ellie LOVES belly buttons.  If we are on the floor with her, she will lift our shirt and point to our belly button.  It is so funny.  

Ellie is a very smart 15 month old.  Her development in learning new things is pretty amazing.  If I ask her to find her milk cup, she will bring me her cup.  If I ask her to get her shoes, she goes and gets her shoes.  Ellie has a book that has the first 100 words that she will learn.  She knows a lot of them.  We will ask her to point to the doggy, or frog, or strawberry, or flower, or car, or bathtub etc... and she points right to them.  She loves animal noises too.  Her favorite noise to make is "quack quack" like a duck.  It is precious.  

I can go on and on about our little girl.  She brings us so much joy!  Here is a recent family photo.  I promise I will post pictures of our house one of these days :) 

Cornett/Myrick family picture.  Taken July 14 2012
        

No comments:

Post a Comment