image

image

Monday, August 20, 2012

SWEET 16!!

Ok, my little stinker face is in her 16th month of life.  I have to say, she is such a fun little girl to be around!  Last night I was telling her that I miss her being a little baby, but I have to remind myself.... she still is a little baby, and I have to enjoy her how she is, because before I know it... she is going to be a BIG GIRL!  I really really do enjoy her though, she is always doing something to make me laugh.  She has her difficult moments too, she is always getting into something she shouldn't be getting into, or screaming because she has to get into her car seat AGAIN.  lol... Some days are more challenging than others, but no matter what, she brings so much joy to my life.

Ellie had a 15 month checkup last month and she weighed 20.4 lbs, which put her around the 15th percentile, and her height was in the 60th percentile.  She is still a little girl, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE how small she is.  It is sooooo nice to hold her, and I could hold her all day long if she would let me :)  Her doctor isn't worried about her weight, she is still soooo healthy!  Which is really all that matters.  She eats NON STOP, and she doesn't stop moving.... all day long!  The only time she is still is when she is asleep.  It doesn't take much for her to wear me out.  Lol.

If you know Ellie, you know that one of her favorite things to do is talk... all... the... time.  I can't begin to tell you all the words she can say, the list goes on and on.  She is in the stage where she repeats a lot of what we say, so we have to be careful!  She loves to count to 3, and her favorite show is "Barney," pronounced "Marney." :)  Ellie gets along with other people so well, and isn't afraid to say "hi."

She absolutely loves purses.  She has a couple of purses that she picks up and drapes along her arm.  No one taught her how to wear a purse, she figured it out on her own.  She also loves to try and put her own shoes on.

Ellie loves pillows and blankets "blankteys."  She isn't very big on sharing her blankteys with me though, anytime I wrap myself in her blanktey she will take it right away.... we are still working on the concept of sharing.  I think her favorite "toys" are books.  She loves to read, and loves to sing and dance to her musical books.  It is soooo cute! 

I am just guessing, but I think Ellie is going to be fairly easy to potty train.  She knows when she goes potty, and sometimes she will grab a diaper when she is ready to be changed.  I don't think it will be much longer.

I hope you enjoyed a quick update on my little stinker girl.  Here is a short video of her dancing...  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment