This pregnancy is very similar to how I felt when I was pregnant with Ellie. I am sick all day long, and I've thrown up a couple times. It's definitely not as bad as with Ellie, but this time it's much harder. I'm not able to sleep whenever I want, or sit on my butt and not move. Ellie still needs her mama to take care of her, so that has been hard. She forces me to get out of bed, which I guess is a good thing, even though most mornings, I really really really just want to keep sleeping. Ellie brightens my day with her precious smile and infectious laugh, which is a great reminder that IT IS WORTH IT!!!
As disappointing as it is to my mom and sisters, we will not be finding out if we are having a boy or girl again this time. Kenton feels VERY strongly about NOT finding out, and I am indifferent, although it is sooooo much fun having it be a surprise! Kenton, of course would like a boy (although he really doesn't care), and I would LOVE another girl. I think it would be awesome for Ellie to have a little sister that is close to her age. They will be almost exactly 2 years apart. Plus, we have soooo many girl clothes, it would be awesome to be able to use them another time around!
A few weeks ago we spent a few days visiting family in Ohio. My great grandma couldn't believe how smart Ellie was, which she is haha :) We hear this all the time.... for a 17 month old, she can talk reallllllly well. The key is talking to her in a normal voice and using normal words. She is very quick to catch on.
She points to the toilet and says "potty" every time she sees us going to the bathroom. She is very good about letting us know when she needs a new diaper. She says diaper so cute, it's like "di-pa."
We have a "leash" for her. We call it her backpack and she LOVES it. I know a lot of people are against "leashes," but the kind they have these days are really nice, and I'd rather know that she is safe and right next to me in a public place, than running around wild and free. It was a LIFESAVER when we were waiting in airports traveling to and from Ohio.
Whenever I am sitting down, trying to rest she will come up to me, grab my finger, pull it, and say "go go go go." It basically means, come on mom.... come play with me. OR it means, get me a snack.
She knows "touchdown!" She'll put her arms in the air and make a touchdown sign.
I am feeling really sick, so I need to go lay down. Please enjoy these pictures!
![]() |
| Gentle... |
![]() |
| Bekah, Great Great Grandma, Chase, me, Ellie, Grandma (Nana) |
![]() |
| Her "backpack" |
![]() |
| TOUCHDOWN! (in her Ohio State jersey) |





No comments:
Post a Comment