image

image

Friday, February 15, 2013

One of those nights...

It's been a long time (nearly 2 months) since I've written an update.  I am wide awake at 12:30 am, due to a fussy child, who is now sleeping next to me, so I figured since I am going to be up for a while, I might as well write a blog.  I don't sleep very well at all these days.  In fact, last night was the best night sleep I had gotten in such a long time... I can't remember the last time I slept so well.  I'm normally up a couple times during the night, and usually wide awake by 4 am, which for the most part, makes for a really tiring day.  I try not to take naps, and I stay up really late because that seems to help me.  However, I was in bed by 10 tonight, which is definitely not late enough, and here I am... wide awake!  That's ok though, I get to snuggle with my girl.  

I don't mind her sleeping in the same bed as us because it doesn't happen very often, and one day I am going to really miss it.  Lately, I've been emotional about how much I miss Ellie as a baby.  She is such a big girl now, and it makes me sad.  I really do enjoy her stage now, but I didn't treasure her baby period as much as I should have.  She grew way too fast for me.  Next year I'm sure I'll miss the stage she is in now, so I am going to do my best to really take in every little moment with her.  She is such a sweet blessing.  

I am currently 30 weeks pregnant.  WOW... I can't believe I've hit the 30's.  It has surely been a wild ride thus far.  This last week has been a test of faith.  I went in last Thursday for a normal check up.  I was scheduled to have an ultrasound to get pictures of the baby's spine, because during the anatomy scan we didn't get very good pictures of the spine.  Everything looked great as far as the baby's health was concerned.... however, they did notice that my amniotic fluid was measuring fairly low.  My doctor was a little concerned so she did an exam and had some tests done to make sure there was no leaking... tests came back negative, which was great news.  Next step, I had another ultrasound that day to check baby's growth and to make sure kidney's were working... again, everything looked just fine.  My doctor thought that I could have been dehydrated, so she sent me home and had me drink a ton of water.  I went back the next day to have my fluid measured, just to see if drinking a lot of water would help.  It measured the exact same as the day before.  I was sent to triage over in labor and delivery (for the second time that week, because a few days before all this, I hadn't felt baby move the ENTIRE day.... scary.  So I went in to make sure everything was good) to check the heart rate, and everything checked out ok.  I had to go back to triage Saturday morning and have the baby monitored again, and everything looked good then as well.  So Tuesday I had an appointment for another ultrasound, to measure fluid, and to check baby's movements and practice breathing.  Fluid had gone up a little bit, and baby looked great.  Yesterday (Thursday) I met with a high risk pregnancy doctor just to make sure nothing was being missed.  There still wasn't an explanation as to why I had low fluid, so my doctor just wanted to have me checked out by a specialist.  Everything looked good, fluid was up a little more and baby's growth looked great.  I don't have to go back to the specialist, which is a huge answer to prayer.  This week has taught me a lot about relying on the Lord for guidance, and asking others for prayer.  I know I had, and continue to have so many people praying for me and I am so so so so thankful for all of my prayer warriors.  

I don't know if any other couple experiences this... but picking out names really isn't very fun.  We have a general list of names that we like, but can't really agree on anything.  It can be really frustrating.  I'm just waiting for Kenton to say "honey, why don't you just pick the name." Wishful thinking???  In just a few short weeks, this baby will be here and he/she will have a name!!!  

Here are a few pictures from the last few months... 

Kristen and I showing off our growing bellies.  Both due in April.  

Cassidy and Ellie... cousins!

Pretty smiles! 

I love this little girl so much.  

Stinker wouldn't cooperate unless she had her flowers  :) 

Ellie, Nanny, and cousin Chase

Ellie and Papa, during his visit at Christmas.  

Ellie with her Papa and Mimi.  Picking her nose... lol

At the park.  She had just fallen off of the big kid swing, so she wasn't in the best mood... poor girl.  

I can't get enough of this sweet baby girl.


I hope you enjoyed a quick update of our family!  Going to try and get some sleep... after I take some tums, gotta LOVE heart burn!  

No comments:

Post a Comment