It is pretty crazy how fast time flies! I guess trying to keep up with a 2 year old (in just a couple weeks) while being pregnant will make the days go by pretty fast. Ellie is one busy little girl. I don't know how many times I've said that, but it is so true. Although she is a handful at times, she is a wonderful little girl and I am soooo blessed to be able to stay home with her. I wouldn't want it any other way. Ellie turns 2 years old in about 2 and a half weeks. I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. She has been such a blessing to our sweet family.
Ellie is incredibly smart and shocks me every day with things that she has learned. She knows the numbers 0-10. She doesn't always count them in order... but she can tell you what number it is if you ask her. She knows all her letters of the alphabet. Same thing, she doesn't always say them in the right order... but she can tell you what each letter is. I think that is pretty good for a kid who isn't 2 yet. She knows most basic colors and LOVES to color with her crayons. One of her favorite activities are puzzles. She has a few "Melissa and Doug" puzzles that she can't get enough of.
Ellie still loves to watch Barney. She actually learns a lot from some of the shows, so I don't mind. She loves to play "ring around the rosie", and she will play forever if you let her. Needless to say "ring around the rosie" gets a little old after a while. Lol.
Ellie has been doing so well sleeping in her big girl toddler bed. She takes naps and sleeps well during the night. She still likes to have one of us in her room as she is falling asleep... which is something we really need to work on, but other than that, she is doing great in her new bed! As far as potty training goes, I have decided to really take my time with it. At first, I wanted her to be close to potty trained by the time the baby came, but I really don't think it's that important to rush it on her. She will get there eventually. I have her sit on the potty a couple times a day, and that is about the extent of it right now. She gets mad if we "force it," so I've learned to take my time.
Ellie has been to a few of my doctors appointments lately (I go in every week). They have a fish tank in the office that she absolutely loves to look at. Yesterday, once I drove into downtown off the connector, she immediately said "fishes in the water, fishes in the water." I'm not exaggerating, she probably said it like 30-40 times. It's crazy that she automatically knew we were going to the doctors office. Probably because that is the only time I ever go downtown... lol.
Speaking of doctors appointments... I have just a couple weeks left!! I am ready for this baby to come! Baby is still breech, so I have a c section scheduled. I had a c section with Ellie, so I know what to expect... although this time it wont be as hectic and scary. I know there is a chance that the baby can still turn, but I have a HUGE feeling it won't.... which I'm fine with.
Kenton and I have agreed on names. YAY!! I love both our girl and boy name. There really isn't much left for me to do, I think I've got everything ready to go. I've been nesting quite a bit, and trying to rest as much as possible.
Hope you enjoyed this recent update of our little ones!
 |
| Baby closet... we are ready if we have a girl! Grandma's are ready to go shopping if we have a boy! |
 |
| bath time! |
 |
| baby bed |
 |
| Precious little girl. |
 |
| Big girl bed :) |
 |
| Ready for the easter egg hunt! |
 |
| wild hair |
 |
| Look how many I found mom!! |
 |
| Talk to the hand... |
 |
| Beautiful girl |
 |
| I wish mom would stop interrupting me while I'm watching Barney |
 |
| sassy girl! |
No comments:
Post a Comment