image

image

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

In the home stretch....

We had another successful doctors visit today.  We got to see baby during the ultrasound and everything looks so good!  We could see that baby has a little bit of hair, a big round tummy, a good size head, and short arms and legs :)  Baby weighed 5lbs 9oz today, growing so much everyday.  We got a pretty good profile picture of baby, he/she had its little hand on his/her forehead... being dramatic I guess :)  I pretty much feel baby move around non stop at this point, unless its nap time of course, then baby is sleeping away.  I am measuring just a few days ahead of my due date, but they won't change the date.  My doctor said that she doesn't let anyone go past 41 weeks, which is great.  I am hoping for an on time baby, or if baby wants to come a few days early... that's fine too :) 

I am also doing very well.  Besides the fact that I've been fighting a cold for a week and a half, everything is going very well for me.  My weight is still very good, normal to lower blood pressure, I'm still hanging in there.  Kenton and I started our child birth prep class last week.  Overall, it went pretty well.  I can honestly say we didn't really learn anything we didn't already know, but it is still good to get all the information.  We go every Wednesday for the next 3 weeks.  I have to give Kenton some credit, he is doing such a good job with being my support partner.  He has also got our swing put together, set up the baby monitors, and has played with many gadgets we got for our shower.  He has already said that he wants to read books to the baby, and when our kids get older.  He wants that to be HIS thing.  He will be a great papa. 

Thank you for all your thoughts!  Please continue to pray for us.  Pray for the health of our new baby, and that everything goes well during labor and delivery.  Roughly 5 weeks away!!!  I just can't believe we are almost there.  Love you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment