Tonight was an exciting night for us. My mom and I had just got home from picking up a few things from the store and some pizza for dinner. I had 2 grocery bags in my hands (they were very light), and as I stepped up onto the front step of our house, I somehow lost my balance and tripped and fell right on my hands and knees. I laid there for a second because it hurt so bad. I wasn't too worried at first because I knew I didn't fall on my tummy, but I began to get a little concerned when the baby wasn't moving around as much as usual. This baby is very active, so for it to not move around like it usually does worried me a little. He/she usually moves around a lot right after I eat, and it wasn't moving around at all. We waited a little while, and after about an hour we decided to go to the hospital just to make sure everything was fine.
Once I got to the hospital, they put me on the monitor to check baby's heartbeat and to see if I was contracting at all. Thankfully, everything looked perfect!!! We were there for about 40 minutes or so, and there was nothing to worry about. I felt much better once I was able to see my baby's heartbeat. I was able to feel some contractions, and it was cool to see it on the monitor. I am so glad that baby is doing well. Other than me having bruised up knees, I am doing well too.
The thing about this whole adventure is that this was the second time this week that I fell, hard on my knees. The first time it was on the carpet, and I could feel my baby move around afterward, so I wasn't too worried. This time I fell much harder, on concrete, and he/she wasn't moving like normal. I'm so glad God was watching over us. I think I am going to be taking it easy these next few weeks. I don't think Kenton or my mom will let me leave the house... lol.
Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers! Love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment